Sunday, September 19, 2010


Damn, I really fell off the wagon with this blog thing eh? Well I intend to get back on! I've got a few more woodsman strips that just need some touching up, and I can continue with it to where, you know, something actually happens. That'd be cool right?

In the meantime, I've been playing with ink some more. I've been trying to really nail down the steel-nib pens, and I feel lately like I don't completely suck with them anymore. So here's a warmup from today, this was about a 90 minute piece.

Whats that you say? Stop stalling and post more Woodsman stuff? Sure, it's just, uh... I'll be right back.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Hah. I stopped posting a few weeks after you, and I restart a day after you. GET OFF MY SCHEDULE, SIR! But seriously, welcome back. Perhaps with mutual encouragement, we can keep at it? Supposedly it's good for the soul and skill.

Seeing your nib work brings back fond memories for me. My only tattoo is a small dot on the tip of my left middle finger from accidentally stabbing myself with a loaded nib.

I like your combe-back piece. I'm fond of the pen strokes in the clothing folds and the ground shadows. The flap on his pouch feels a little flat (especially since so many composition lines point at it), but that's a minor gripe in comparison to the fine job you've done on rest of the piece. Keep up the good work, dude. I'm eager to see more!