Wednesday, July 13, 2011


Here's some recent work for Wizards of the Coast's June issue of "Dragon Magazine." It's been published, so I think I'm safe putting it up here. The linework was done on bristol with brush and ink, and then all the colors and flashy bits are Photoshop.

Wizards of the Coast has been on my list of dream clients since I started freelancing, so that's awesome. I've always been a huge geek for fantasy art. The art director I worked with (Jon Schindehette) was great, and he even brought me in for a tour of their offices. Man, I though Video-game studios were nerdy, but I've never seen so many figurines, posters, and other knicknacks in one place. It looks like a pretty cool office to work in, as far as offices go.

3 comments:

Evil Dan said...

That is freakin' awesome!

Russel Roehling said...

Thanks Dan! The art directors at Wizards seemed to dig it too, so hopefully I'll be seeing more work from them in the future.

Tim Thoreen said...

it's fun.... but you're losing emotion in the dude's face. Cover the nose down and one will see mischievousness eyes, but nose down you lose it. I hate to chrit my bald eagle heterosexual life mate and here I have to. I love your isht, and you draw better emotions than this